PREPaRE Workshop 2, Training of Trainers, Third Edition, Mental Health Crisis Interventions: Responding to an Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools
This 2-day workshop provides participants with the information and practice needed to become a trainer of PREPaRE Workshop 2: Mental Health Crisis Interventions: Responding to an Acute Traumatic Stressor in Schools. Included in this workshop a one-hour online module addressing logistics of workshop delivery and a 13-hour in-person workshop (2 days) addressing how to present the workshop content (with a special emphasis on a standardized delivery). This ToT workshop includes a mandatory pre-test (requiring a 100% pass score), preworkshop activities, interactive online access during the workshop, and a post-test (requiring a 100% pass score). From this session, participants will be provided with the information and practice needed to independently offer the core workshop. All participants receive workshop presentation materials and a certificate of completion.
- Completion of Third Edition Workshop 2 in person within the past 2 years
- Obtain and read a copy of the School Crisis Prevention and Intervention: The PREPaRE Model 2nd edition (Contact the PREPaRE Coordinator at email@example.com for a PREPaRE Trainer discount code.)
- Take and pass the online PREPaRE Workshop 2 (Third Edition) Model Content Mastery Test based on the PREPaRE Model book.
- Completing other preworkshop activities as specified in the online workshop materials.
Provides workshop participants with the information and practice needed to become a NASP PREPaRE Crisis Intervention and Recovery Workshop trainer.
From PREPaRE Workshop 2 Training of Trainers course participants will:
1. Understand the elements of the PREPaRE Workshop 2 Trainer’s Handbook
2. Learn how to use the PREPaRE Workshop 2 Trainer’s Handbook
3. Demonstrate the ability to apply their own crisis situations to PREPaRE Workshop 2 concepts
4. Demonstrate the ability to deliver elements of PREPaRE Workshop 2
5. Demonstrate knowledge of key elements of PREPaRE Workshop 2 content
6. Demonstrate knowledge of key elements of PREPaRE Workshop 2 delivery guidelines
This 2 day workshop offers 15 credit hours of document NASP- Approved CPD. The time required to complete the mandatory pre-workshop requirements is included in the CPD hours.
This 2 day workshop is pending approval for 15 SCECHs.
Todd A. Savage, Ph.D., NCSP, is a professor in the school psychology program at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls; he is also a past president of the National Association of School Psychologists. Dr. Savage’s scholarly research interests include school safety and crisis prevention, preparedness, and intervention, suicide and behavioral threat risk assessment and management, culturally-responsive practice; social justice; and LGBTQ+ student issues.
Scott A. Woitaszewski, Ph.D., NCSP, is a professor in and the training director of the school psychology program at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Dr. Woitaszewski’s scholarly interests include school safety and crisis prevention, preparedness, and intervention, suicide and behavioral threat risk assessment and management, measuring school intervention effectiveness, intervention teaming, childhood and family resiliency, school-based systems change.
Throughout the past decade, Drs. Savage and Woitaszewski have co-facilitated over 100 PREPaRE workshops locally, regionally, and nationally, in addition to offering several suicide and behavioral threat risk assessment and management workshops for practitioners in the field.
To obtain the registration code, please contact the Conference Chair at: Hannah.Barraw@gmail.com